Thursday 2 October 2008

Welcome from the new Faculty Team Leader

I just wanted to take this opportunity to introduce myself as the new Library Team Leader for Science and Engineering. I am temporarily replacing Chris Middleton whilst Chris is covering the post of Head of Academic Services, based at Kings Meadow. This agreement is in place until Christmas in the first instance and I am based in Chris' old office on floor C of the George Green Library.

Just to give you a little bit of background. I actually started my career here at Nottingham as Senior Library Assistant in the George Green Library, in what was then the engineering team, about 8 years ago. I then moved over to the Greenfield Medical Library, before moving to the James Cameron Gifford Library as Team Leader for Biosciences and Veterinary Science. So, I have experience in working in many of the subject areas offered within the Science and Engineering Faculty. Most recently, I have been based in the Hallward Library.

Other team members remain the same but I outline below the different subject specialities that each team member looks after:

Engineering: Jenny Coombs and Shona Pullen
Chemistry, pharmacy, biology, environmental science: Dinah Northall and Alison Johnson (job-share)
Maths, physics and psychology: Liz Day and Jane Maltby (job-share)
Biosciences and veterinary medicine and science (based at Sutton Bonington): Suzanna Rogers (part-time)

Staff members can be contacted directly or we have 3 team email contacts as follows:
library-engineering-enquiries@nottingham.ac.uk
library-science-enquiries@nottingham.ac.uk
library-biosciences-enquiries@nottingham.ac.uk

Please do contact us and I hope that you enjoy and find this blog useful.

No comments: