An online reading list provides you with links to quickly and easily check library holdings and access electronic texts and websites recommended by your tutors without the need to dive into UNLOC, the University of Nottingham Library Online Catalogue or the eLibrary Gateway to search for each reference independently.
Why use online reading lists?
- Easy access to recommended textbooks
- Direct access to UNLOC to view library holdings and check the location and availability of recommended items
- Easy links to electronic resources, including the full text of journal articles, electronic books and websites
- Kept up to date
- via Portal > Library tab > Reading Lists
- Information Services> Information Gateway > Reading Lists
- via UNLOC, the University of Nottingham Library Online Catalogue University
- via online Catalogue of Modules
As a tutor how do I set up a reading list online?
- Contact your subject librarian
- Provide module code, name and convenor details
- Supply reading list
- Your subject librarian will set up the reading list and add details of recommended reading
- Alternatively you, as tutor can add and update your own lists once set up.
Further guidance on using online reading lists can be obtained through our online tutorial here.